There are presently no open calls for submissions.
GLAS ANIMATION GRANT PROGRAM
We are now accepting applications for the 2019 cycle of the GLAS Animation Grant Program. Two separate $2500 grants to be awarded to two individual filmmakers living and working in the United States to create independent short films.
DEADLINE - July 15th
We will be accepting applications for the 2019 Grant cycle for the GLAS Animation Grant between April 15th and July 15th, 2019. Selections will be announced in August 2019.
Please take a moment to review the criteria and eligibility requirements for the GLAS Animation Grant.
- Filmmaker must be living and legally able to work in the United States.
- Proposed project must be for an independent short film.
- Proposed projects must be able to be completed within 1 year.
- Filmmaker may not be enrolled in an academic institution.
- Filmmaker must have at least one completed film to show.
- Filmmaker must be at least 18 years of age.
- Please note that pilots, web series, music videos, commissioned works, performances, installations, and features are not eligible for this grant at this time.
Below you'll find a breakdown of the materials needed for this application. Each document in this list should be uploaded as separate individual PDFs labeled accordingly. Each item is required unless otherwise noted.
- Project Summary (details below)
- Concept Art: original artwork for this project
- Supporting Materials: Storyboard and/or script (optional)
- Budget: Provide us with a breakdown of the budget for the proposed project.
- Timeline: Provide a general breakdown of the production timeline.
- Links to Previous work
- Link to Animatic (optional)
Please submit a PDF that contains the following information presented in the order in which it appears in this list:
- Full Name
- Contact Information (email, phone number, physical address)
- Date of Birth
- Link to website/previous work
- Project Title
- Runtime: How many minutes will this film be?
- Medium: 2d/3d/Stop-motion/mixed media/live-action hybrid/etc.
- Short Synopsis:Two to three sentences describing the project for which you are applying for.
- Long Synopsis: 250-1000 words
- Director biography: up to 250 words.
- Key Creative personnel (optional) : Include brief biographies of those working on the project in addition to the director. (e.g. sound designer, composer, additional animators etc.) Please provide links directing us to their previous work.
- Production Stage: Briefly describe where you are currently in the production process. Be honest, we understand that if you're working solo, the money might be spent on giving yourself time
- Distribution/Marketing: Briefly explain the method in which you intend to distribute your film. Will this film be intended for festivals, curated screenings, broadcast, etc.
- How will you make use of the GLAS Animation Grant? Describe how you intend to make use of the GLAS Animation Grant should it be awarded to you.
- 2 references: Please provide the Name, email address, phone number, and affiliation of a reference we are able to contact.